• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Barn door tracker

Guest Katash777

Guest Katash777

Hi need some help please I really can't find a 16 tooth spur gear with the same pitch as the 64 spur gear I'm getting please any idea or help would be great thanks 

Guest Katash777
22 minutes ago, Brantuk said:

What pitch are you after Ashley?

22 minutes ago, Brantuk said:

What pitch are you after Ashley?

Sorry  I need a 32 pitch 

Guest Katash777
36 minutes ago, Brantuk said:

Yes that's what I'm after don't know how you found that I'm after one to fit a 5mm shaft will look to see if they do one thanks 

Guest Katash777

OK so they don't do one for a 5mm bore so what I'm going to ask can I make that fit with some sort of reducer I'm not sure on gears 

I'll see what I can find for you - all I did was google "16 tooth spur gear 32 pitch". I'll see if I can find a 5mm bore one - but I guess you could drill out a smaller bore or fit some sort of collar to a wider one. I wouldn't know about reduction gears - though I'm sure it must be on t'internet somewhere. :)

Here's a US one: https://www.servocity.com/5mm-bore-32p-16t-shaft-mount-pinion-gears

I'm sure we have them in England too. :)

Here you go - give these folks a bell if you need any more info - I'm sure they can sort you out:

http://www.wheelspinmodels.co.uk/i/109487/

:)

Edited by Brantuk

Guest Katash777
13 minutes ago, Brantuk said:

I'll see what I can find for you - all I did was google "16 tooth spur gear 32 pitch". I'll see if I can find a 5mm bore one - but I guess you could drill out a smaller bore or fit some sort of collar to a wider one. I wouldn't know about reduction gears - though I'm sure it must be on t'internet somewhere. :)

Here's a US one: https://www.servocity.com/5mm-bore-32p-16t-shaft-mount-pinion-gears

I'm sure we have them in England too. :)

Yes that's all I can find is from us ?

Hello again Ashley. I don't know how to link to another thread on here but I think if you search.  Smaller than a pound coin !  You'll find it interesting.

Guest Katash777
17 minutes ago, Werisit said:

Hello again Ashley. I don't know how to link to another thread on here but I think if you search.  Smaller than a pound coin !  You'll find it interesting.

OK will check the sites out I have all circuit ready to go its just the gear that I'm  stuck with and was getting frustrating thanks for all the help guys