Welcome to East Midlands Stargazers

Register now to join the local astronomy forum covering the East Midlands!

seven_legs

Belper 1st november

26 posts in this topic

If the BBC  weather is correct tomorrow night looks clear. rob and myself will be going to the Belper dark site. We are off this week and itching to get the scope out.

anyone thinking of going? Think will get there for about 7.30pm ish. If we don't get lost:)

tony

What time will you be finishing?? Am busy up until maybe 21:30, but could maybe pop over later to see what you guys are up to, and sus out the site

Cheers

Oooooooooooo - a school night meet - not had one of these in a long time!!!!

Depends on what time I get home from work and if the missus is going out (someone needs to look after the nipper) and the W word, I may just pop along if all the above are favourable.

:frantic:

I'm free Saturday night if you postpone..........?

9 hours ago, Bino-viewer said:

I'm free Saturday night if you postpone..........?

There is no reason why we can't do both nights, no need to postpone any adhoc meet.  Might get more people turning up at a weekend, weather permitting of course.

:) 

Weatherpro iOS says decent weather all week.

Clear today from 15:00hrs onwards.

Wrap up warm.......low single figures tonight. :brr:

Thanks, got my thermals ready and big flask of coffee and of course a pack of jammy dodgers..

darren is right go when ever.. I might pop up again this week if it's clear:brr:

On another note......

I would just like to give a gentle reminder to all, multiple uses of the dark sites are for dark site members only.  It is not fair that the majority of people pay for the rent of the sites and some do not.  The rent goes up nearly every year but we have managed to keep the dark site membership cost static, if people won't pay for the membership then we may loose one if not both of the darksites, as we will not have the funds to pay the rent.

You have to admit, £20 a year is not bad.

Thank you.

:) 

Brantuk likes this

I live about 5 miles from the Dark Site. Still total cloud cover at 3PM. Will get you an update about 5PM

Yeah, fantastically clear now, and flipping freezing. Wrap up warm guys, will try and join you later

Wish I could come and meet you all, stuck here frustrated with a street and neighbours lights.

Hope you all have a good night.

Well that's great got everything in the robs car to discover the heater blower thing in the car has broke. Windows all misty, we wiped them all down but still not good. Rob drove for and 2 miles and felt it to dangerous. It would of been worst on way back.

this is getting quite depressing.

Rob will try getting it fixed tomorrow so hopefully still might be able to go this week.

Is anybody still going?

I was going to turn up but minus my kit as I'm just leaving work now, so it would take too long to go home, pack the car then get there?

If no ones there I'm not being Billy no mates with no scope.

:P 

Might just do a back garden session tonight then and try for later in the week.

Edited by Daz Type-R

I could be up for that be nice to take the star adventurer out away from all this LP round here. Besides Ive not frozen my wotsit off up Belper for afges

Will check closer to the time

Nice one Phil.

I'll put a post up later in the week.

I've just remembered it's bonfire night so might be a tad smokey.

WW will also be off limits on Sat when they have their yearly bonfire do for the whole village. :)