• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Not all I touch turns to gold...

Sunny Phil

With great expectation, I took no less than 82 Hyades frames. Yes, I really am that mad. In my opinion, I won't get better pictures unless I take more frames. Well I could get better  equipment but I'm lucky to hold on to what I have at the moment.

Unfortunately, despite taking about 15/20 darks (I usually take at least 10 these days) it did not stack in DSS.

I stacked it in Microsoft ICE but it didn't seem any better than last year's effort with fewer frames.

HyadesY16NovD04

Well I think that is very nice Phil. :)

You have some lesser photographed clusters there with NGC1647, NGC1662 and Davis' Dog asterism, as well as the Hyades. You have stars just fainter than 13th magnitude. :thumbsup:

Edited by Tweedledee

Thanks, Folks but I believe it would be better if it had worked with DSS. For some reason that I have yet to work out, DSS sometimes produces a series of coloured lines.