• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

A quick M45

philjay

Yes Phil you did manage to get some lovely photons! A very nice image! Meropes neb is quite distinct too. ?

Looks rather good for an accidental image :lol:

Glad to see someone had a clear spell forgotten what a clear sky looks like down here.

Thanks chaps. Yes Pete it was the mod. With an Aps c sized sensor it shows severe vignetting which is easily taken out with flats but its not a flat field right the way across so a lot of cropping was required, which reduces the benefits of f4.5 a bit

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, philjay said:

Thanks chaps. Yes Pete it was the mod. With an Aps c sized sensor it shows severe vignetting which is easily taken out with flats but its not a flat field right the way across so a lot of cropping was required, which reduces the benefits of f4.5 a bit

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

Always compromises. :thumbsup:

It gets more complicated as you push the limits.

There's good reasons I'll probably never get that lightweight 50" F2 dob that easily folds away into the boot. :lol:

Very nice :). Interested in the filter on the reducer,as it's a similar set up i have,although i've a Nikon camera.

I read somewhere that it wasn't possible to use a filter with the reducer,but obviously you can.Does screw inside the front end??

Regards,

David.

H David. I have an Astronomik clip in filter on the Canon EOS. That's what I should have used singularly, however because I was faffing with the Atik the other week on this set up I had forgotten to take the 48mm screw on IDAS filter off the front of the reducer, this screws into the normal filter thread on the end that goes into the scope (front end).

Using 2 filters was a mistake but I quite like the colour its given, M45 usually comes out much bluer.