• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

New Year Resolutons

Some of you may remember me posting about them last year. I don't really believe in them as such. For example, many of us resolve to lose weight but few of us do. I don't know for sure, as I lost my magic spreadsheet, but I'm confident I was the same as I was on Jan 1st +- 5kg. I was doing well on exercise and diet until I was made redundant and then the urgency to find work meant it all flew out of the window (and losing the spreadsheet didn't help!).

As I now only have a half-hour lunch break, my previous exercise levels are pretty much unattainable, unless I get 100% health and 100% walking weather. Then again, it COULD be said that I waste valuable walking time looking at the sky. I've also come to the conclusion that healthy eating costs serious money.

Astronomically speaking, I stuck to my guns rather well and did not take loads of shots of objects I already had pictures of.

So next year, my main aims are:

1. Achieve 90% or better record of taking the right dose of medicine at the right time.

2. Eat no more than one sugary item of food per day and achieve a daily average of 0.8 or lower

3. Take a short lunch-time walk on 75% of healthy rain-free days (actually there are some legit reasons I need to do things at lunchtime)

4. Walk at least the equivalent of 2 short walks each healthy rain-free days at the weekend when there is an R in the month and 3 otherwise

5. Impose sensible limits on computer use!

Hi Phil,  They all like very precise and good goals.

My aims this year are to end this year in a better place than last year, that shouldn't be too hard lol.

In December my head gasket on my van went, astrodog #3 was diagnosed with caner, all whilst my house move is pending.

On ‎02‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 18:38, Cazz said:

Hi Phil,  They all like very precise and good goals.

My aims this year are to end this year in a better place than last year, that shouldn't be too hard lol.

In December my head gasket on my van went, astrodog #3 was diagnosed with caner, all whilst my house move is pending.

I'm really sorry to hear about astrodog. One of the few good things about last year was that I didn't lose anyone close. MY dad-in-law had a close shave, though.