• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Opticron PL-131C

Derbyshire Dave

Hi,

I have on loan an Opticron ccd camera model PL-131C CA and an Orion Guidescope. I have borrowed it from my friend Graham with the intention of using it the whole thing as a guide scope on my 8 inch Altair reflector. Also in the 'package' is a Shoestring Astronomy GPUSB box to input to my mount, this part does seem to work.

The camera interfaces correctly to Graham's netbook and pictures are visible through the camera on the netbook.

I have an old (5-6 years old at least) Lenonvo Thinkpad laptop running Windows XP. It has USB 2 ports, which is a requirement for the camera's USB interface.

Graham has provided me with the XP drivers he got from Opticron.

When I plug the PL-131C into the laptop, I run through the setup procedures etc, and then run PHD guiding, or one of the other programs provided. In each case, the setup seems to work, right up to the point of selecting the camera. Whether I'm using PHD, or one of the other programs, at this point the program crashes, in the usual XP way.

I was wondering if anyone has experienced similar problems, and can offer some advice, or if anyone is a wizard with drivers etc.

Thanks guys ..