• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

m81/m82 guiding test

stash

Looking good there Clive.

I totally gave up with PHD 2 too much grief and hassle.

It is way too complicated compared to the old version.

Went back to the old version and have never looked back.

I would much rather spend our limited clear skies time imaging than setting up the guiding.

1 hour ago, Graham said:

Looking good there Clive.

I totally gave up with PHD 2 too much grief and hassle.

It is way too complicated compared to the old version.

Went back to the old version and have never looked back.

I would much rather spend our limited clear skies time imaging than setting up the guiding.

Thanks Graham ,I would rather not have to guide at all but nothing is perfect.

To be fair it works fine the problem is me thinking guiding is simple. Think the advice from some to control PHD2/PHD from eqmod makes sense to me but I still have to tinker :facepalm:

However I am bothered that polar alignment seems to change on a perm mount - even when I have left the scope on the mount since the last polar align. I expected it to be there abouts. Have checked all bolts,screws etc nothing seems loose so for the moment I am baffled why it should change by so much. May go back to just EQMOD and 3 point its alignment/PECC routines - at least Eqmod is  consistent.

May give PHD another try.