• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

when i win the lottery

Bottletopburly

I am buying St Helena island  or part of- nice and dark sky  - warm not too hot all the year round. Then building my own Obsys with tracking stn for my own mini Hubble scope.

Ok 6 roll overs on Euro :laugh3:

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Bottletopburly said:

when i win the lottery i will be buying a Moonraker  http://moonrakertelescopes.co.uk/custom-builds.html  all handmade sheer indulgance  simply outstanding workmanship of the highest caliber.

I am surprised you would even consider buying one of these fine instruments David... after moaning about cleaning and polishing a few bits and bobs the other day! :lol: (Why did I bother...? Post)

Then again, if you win big time I suppose you could employ someone to keep everything shipshape and Bristol fashion for you! :D

Anyway, I hope you win big very soon. I want to see how big it would be. ?

In the unlikely event I ever win big, I would go for a top of the range LARGE Meade... :)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Smithysteve said:

I am surprised you would even consider buying one of these fine instruments David... after moaning about cleaning and polishing a few bits and bobs the other day! :lol: (Why did I bother...? Post)

Then again, if you win big time I suppose you could employ someone to keep everything shipshape and Bristol fashion for you! :D

Anyway, I hope you win big very soon. I want to see how big it would be. ?

In the unlikely event I ever win big, I would go for a top of the range LARGE Meade... :)

lols if i win all i will have to do all day is polish ,mind i wont be using it god i might scratch it :)

It would be a top f the range Planewave for me if I win big

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Yes, I've drooled over the Moon Rakers. I thought about the 6" wideboy for a very short while, then the price got hiked by a grand! They are truly a work of art and would look wonderful in anyone's living room. I suspect they don't depreciate much too!

Ah - dream on....... 

• Like 1

For me it would be this mount....

The TTS-160 Panther.

A new motorised alt-az design with imaging field de-rotator option.

And i rather like Alt-az mounts....

Its a work of art ; absolutely beautifully designed.

I spoke to its creator , Niels Haagh, a Danish engineer, today at Astrofest, and he put it through its paces.

Very impressive. Unfortunately, its rather expensive :( And i don't do the lottery.....

But that doesn't mean i won't be buying one..........

I'd need a premium Apo to ride it as well......Tec 140, Tak 130, APM 130 or 150 of course...!!!

One day.......

https://trackthestars.com

32673765942_2abec67cd2_c.jpg

Edited by Bino-viewer
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Bino-viewer said:

For me it would be this mount....

The TTS-160 Panther.

A new motorised alt-az design with imaging field de-rotator option.

And i rather like Alt-az mounts....

Its a work of art ; absolutely beautifully designed.

I spoke to its creator , Niels Haagh, a Danish engineer, today at Astrofest, and he put it through its paces.

Very impressive. Unfortunately, its rather expensive :( And i don't do the lottery.....

But that doesn't mean i won't be buying one..........

I'd need a premium Apo to ride it as well......Tec 140, Tak 130, APM 130 or 150 of course...!!!

One day.......

https://trackthestars.com

32673765942_2abec67cd2_c.jpg

Very nice indeed?

Those Moonrakers look fantastic, like they were designed by Jules Verne. I reckon you'd spend at least as much time polishing it as looking through it.

That Panther is much plainer looking but needs far less polishing.

I think you'd see even more with a big Planewave on St. Helena though. :)

• Like 1

But you all looking small time - he said won the lottery we are talking mega Obsys at the right location :rofl::2thumbsup: Yes it depends on the size of the win - have your own spec designed and built even

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...