• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Auction heads up

Bottletopburly

Intresting auction item bidding can be done online but obviously you will have to take shipping into account looks a loveley telescope https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auction-catalogues/jefferys/catalogue-id-srje10025/lot-0c67331c-7dbf-4211-847a-a70d00a018e8 

other items too https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auction-catalogues/jefferys/catalogue-id-srje10025/lot-ab474600-8395-48b4-af05-a70d00a04c2b

Looks like an ED80 on an HEQ5. Auctioneers estimate looks a bit low at £100-£150. Could be a bargain for someone. :)

(Not familiar with the Meade).

sorry didn`t  double check link, williams optics 

34 minutes ago, Bino-viewer said:

Not getting the link there Dave ?

247.1.JPG

• Like 1

Just seen this. I actually saw it on the saleroom when browsing local auctions the other day.

Maybe worth a go but the auction room is down Cornwall and even if you got it for a song the packaging that auctioneers charge is rather astronomical sometimes so beware, make sure you check with them before bidding.

I have been tempted many times n the past with auctioneers low estimates and folks in the know have bid against me and the hammer price usually finds a realistic level, depending on whos around.

Reckon the Meade ETX comes with an eyepiece set as well, the middle ali case is typical of the Meade set

Oh and if you are tempted to bid for the WO + HEQ5 make sure to get a condition report and specify that they must check what is in the lot. e.g. mount/scope/tripod as we can see from the pics but what about the controller, leads, counterweight etc. It is very rare for auctioneers to know about stuff like that. Beware.

And no I am not bidding, I am trying to get rid of stuff not add to it :D

Edited by philjay

Yes I did enquire regarding shipping , they don't ship you have to use a third party to do it , to much hassle though if it was a drive able distance then it would be worth the effort , interesting to see what it goes for though 

4 hours ago, Bottletopburly said:

Yes I did enquire regarding shipping , they don't ship you have to use a third party to do it , to much hassle though if it was a drive able distance then it would be worth the effort , interesting to see what it goes for though 

18% buyers prem plus £70 delivery and you don't really know what condition is like or what condition it will turn up like. If you got it at £200 that  over £300 - maybe just .  

Bet it turns up on ENS :laugh3:

2 hours ago, Bottletopburly said:

Wo sold for 600 pennies 

£6 ??????????????????????? :facepalm:   Justed checked £600 £720 after 18% plus delivery - nah not worth it to me IMHO

Edited by stash

46 minutes ago, stash said:

£6 ??????????????????????? :facepalm:   Justed checked £600 £720 after 18% plus delivery - nah not worth it to me IMHO

Lols  ???? DOH