• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Greatest Football Manager England never had

i don`t like football but i`m cleaver enough to know that Brain Clough, love him or hate him, was the best, if him and Peter Taylor had been in charge it would have been amazing, he used to do a talk show on one of the Nottingham radio stations and i could listen to him all night.

I am with most on Brian and Peter as a pair. However we will never know and really thats all you can say. I personally think they would have lasted les than the 30 days at Leeds with the awful FA etc set up. Plus with todays influx of foreign talent drowning UK talent AND way of playing - the latter I miss most. For the future ,yes he is Italian, Claudio Ranieri would be my bet - I like the way he managers people. P.S. I am a Forest supporter  so not biased to what he has done at LC 

Old Cloughie was a one off, no doubt.

I'd add a few others to the list though, Bill Shankley for one. 

Sir Alex Ferguson as well, although as a Scotsman, i'm sure he'd never have taken the England job.

Nigel Clough was in the year above me at school during the 80s, and daughter Elizabeth was in my year. Both kept a very low profile though.

1 minute ago, Bino-viewer said:

Old Cloughie was a one off, no doubt.

I'd add a few others to the list though, Bill Shankley for one. 

Sir Alex Ferguson as well, although as a Scotsman, i'm sure he'd never have taken the England job.

Nigel Clough was in the year above me at school during the 80s, and daughter Elizabeth was in my year. Both kept a very low profile though.

Yep Bill Shankley - another Scotsman. Disagree with Alex F  Tommy Docherty would have made Man Utd better had he not found something more interesting at the club ;)   Plus Joe Mercer did but by the time they made him manager he was too old and only a temp - but we did thrash Germany with a team of footballers after they just won another World Cup. First, and last time, I had ever saw Franz  Beckenbauer made to look a slow 2nd rate dummy - by Alan Hudson.