• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

M42 widefield data req

Bottletopburly

Does anyone have any M42 wide field  data they could dropbox me so  i could play with in startools  processing, either a tif file or a fits file . i got to do something :girlybored: thanks in advance 

i`ve got some but not wide field i`m affaid, i was having a go with it using startools this afternoon but i have no idea what i`m doing with it

2 minutes ago, red dwalf said:

i`ve got some but not wide field i`m affaid, i was having a go with it using startools this afternoon but i have no idea what i`m doing with it

Anything wider than a 200p F5,Have you had a look at Ecuadors tutorial http://astro.ecuadors.net/processing-a-noisy-dslr-image-stack-with-startools/ if you send me your data i will have a go and send you the processing log so you get an idea of the steps taken rob

it`s uploading the data to dropbox now, there are a few files and by the look of it will take some time

• Like 1

ok rob no probs its just the Tiff  file that DSS leave you with after stacking  that is required, i can convert to Fits file ,thanks anyway 

Thats fine i should be able to download, will do later, if i suck up all the bandwidth my 15yr old will give me grief cheers for that rob