• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Ultimate Remote USB and power module - maybe

stash

Came across an interesting article about a Swedish company who are about to release a "remote" USB/Power distribution hub.

Allows Camera's,Focus's ,Heaters etc to be controlled remotely and sits in between the Mount and Scope. Plus acts as a Ascom remote server so some devices can be shared. Plus "should"  cut down on wires (DC and USB)

No price as yet but maybe interesting 

http://blueastro.se/index.php?id=20  full article in Astronomy Techn Today Vol 10 issue 4 2016 - to those who subscribe.

that looks like a great device, a bit like one hitec astro used to make , which was expensive, hopefully this one will be reasonably priced and then i`m sure it`ll sell well, i`m always looking at ways of getting rid of cables or tidying them up, it can make a big difference to guiding.

Wasnt the Hitec Astro Ultimate about £350+  - :(.

Like you say Rob if it was keenly priced AND worked!! then nice - comes in 3 flavours - one is just the board so maybe that might be priced better - if its released in the UK.

The alternative is this very small (size of a brick) DC powered ,fast processor(i3-i7),high memory (16GB) ,4 port USB ,wireless/wire "mini windows 10 PC's" - but the good ones are £400+ quid and it doesn't do the DC distribution.

I will keep an eye on the BlueAstro.