• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Start of Heart Nebula Ha first

Sheila

90 x 900s Ha unguided   15 hours so far

Tak 106 reduced

QSI 683 wsg-8

Contains: NGC 1027, IC 1805, IC 1795, NGC 896

As yet not included calibration files as I wanted to see uncalibtrated (dirty Kodak Chip) image.  Could do with an opinion on the chip first time i have used it....  Ibbo?

99ce1e813070c9b00b86fd20ca984243.1824x0_

Edited by Sheila

looks Ok to me in the jpeg image.

You have the same odd artifact around the edge that will need cropping off LHS and bottom.

I was told what caused it but cannot remember now.

not noticed that.... but i thought it looked pretty good from what i had been told about the 8300 chip, i was quite impressed.  I have done darks but not used them as yet.  did not

realise how easy they are to do with a CCD camera :D  

never did any with the sony chip :wacko:  currently fighting to get bias thats looks anything like it should do :lol:

clear at the mo so doing a bit more Ha, hoping to Sii and Oiii at peak star party

yep just been out to check and my target is still in the roof

It could be the mechanical shutter that is messing up the bias frames

try a 0   zero second exp if it will let you

I took some flats when I did the ha and you have guessed it they make things worse again .

I am using the H9 cos that was what is set at the mo with the OAG and it saves me 2x binning

dont think i can do zero but i meant to say flat not bias :(  sorry  and supposed to get 35000 adu, but they look weird so will play with the values and the flat

Edited by Sheila

No idea what you 2 are on about but I suggest salt, vinegar and brown sauce for the chip.

Very nice picture by the way, looks fantastic to me, can't wait to see the finished thing.

• Like 2