• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Any Ideas what has gone wrong

stash

Hi Stash

What gear did you use? The star shapes look typical of field curvature possibly due to incorrect spacing if you used a reducer. No idea what the lines are. Are they in a single sub? If not its processing artefact

No ignoring the star shapes which I know about it was the wispy bits and the like that have appeared that was baffling. I didnt see any of that on the individual frames (didn't check them all) so I guess it was something with DSS. Will delete all but the frames and rerun DSS. Thanks for the comments/help.

Reprocessed frames after deleteing all DSS masters etc - better must have been DSS throwing a wobble . Thanks folks

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9aHac2P5RgVVWlBc3VDMXA3eFE/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9aHac2P5RgVbUl5ZVJYRDNVS3c/view?usp=sharing 

• Like 1

DSS has thrown me a few wobblies at times. I've had some results that show vertical lines of different colours. I've re-stacked using Microsoft ICE but then there's no dark frame subtraction.

16 hours ago, Sunny Phil said:

DSS threw a wobbly at me today, adding "ghost" stars to Ursa Major!

Hope its not catching !  Sure it wasn't the comet 41p ??

9 hours ago, stash said:

Hope its not catching !  Sure it wasn't the comet 41p ??

As there were multiple ghost stars, it would only be 41P if there was a micro-lensing event caused by a planetary mass black hole.

I ended up processing a single frame.