• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

sharpcap settings

Bottletopburly

Any tips regarding sharpcap settings used with a qhy5l-11 now i haven`t used sharpcap in quiet a while ,but seeing as it has the PA feature thought i would give it a go ,though last night did not work out using the mini guide scope i missed off the 5mm spacer so will give it another go when i get a minute ,any pointers as to get best focus using the miniguide scope welcome too.

it`s a long time since i used sharpcap for any imaging, but i recently download 2.9 version for the polar alignment tool and that works very well and is easy to use, i even managed it on the first attempt and i`m rubbish with computers and tech.

6 hours ago, red dwalf said:

it`s a long time since i used sharpcap for any imaging, but i recently download 2.9 version for the polar alignment tool and that works very well and is easy to use, i even managed it on the first attempt and i`m rubbish with computers and tech.

Yes that was my intention did you have to mess around with any settings ,gamma exposure etc .

i just increased the exposure time to about 1 second and i think tweeked the gain a little, it doesn`t need to be a perfect exposure, as long as you can see stars on the screen it`s just a matter of pressing start and rotating the scope 90 degrees when sharpcap tells you to, the a little yellow arrow appears and then you adjust the mount till the arrow disapears, that was the hardest part.

• Like 1

As Rob says plus Key point are very slowly slowly small adjustments - and dont forget to press next (unless you use the auto feature) - it sometimes isn't shown depending on the screen size - that's my excuse anyway - oh and a clear sky! Better than 260 quid !

• Like 2