• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Best weather apps?

Astronigel

I've an app called "clear outside" that I've used for some while now... Its way too often wrong tho..

Today we travelled to east coast area...it said only about 14% of only low cloud around.... It was fully overcast... This app I'm sure worked better some months back but now its rarely correct ?

I'd like to know which apps you all use please. Particularly any that are sometimes correct :)

To be honest I don't use them anymore, and I have never paid for them.  Weather physics is just too hard to predict.  I tend to use sat24 to look at which way the cloud is moving and make my own mind up.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Astronigel said:

I've an app called "clear outside" that I've used for some while now... Its way too often wrong tho..

Today we travelled to east coast area...it said only about 14% of only low cloud around.... It was fully overcast... This app I'm sure worked better some months back but now its rarely correct ?

I'd like to know which apps you all use please. Particularly any that are sometimes correct :)

Its called a window combined with cloud radar as per Daz - works 75% of the time - 75% because I have stood outside after seeing the clear skies come towards me and then ,at the last moment, go around me leaving an island of cloud,me in the middle, while everywhere else is clear. Even happened at a ELAC meeting once :lol:

I like the bog standard BBC app, its just about as reliable as anything else