• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Jupiter

Bottletopburly

54 minutes ago, Tweedledee said:

Wow, you must be well pleased with the fantastic detail in that. :2thumbsup:

Well happy  nice detail showing through

5 hours ago, Graham said:

Thats the best Jup I have seen this year.

Brilliant stuff.

cheers graham kind words

Probably my best to date ,last night the gods were amongst uss conditions excellent bar a bit of moisture, and the  jet stream must have been in our favour, quick process 

58e861143b8f4_Jup_235728_g4_ap17best.jpg.e3c63090766c276caed0dfc1db52a58f.jpg

Wow. Smashing image. I took some Jupiter images at prime focus, 8.75" and all the belts, north and south poles, just have a purplish colour with white on between. It could be that it's me not processing properly, or, single frames is not acquiring sufficient signal data to give the true colours. I couldn't de sensitize the Canon 1100d video function to get Jupiter to show its belts. It was an over exposed disk. I will try and use my qhy5Lii cc but don't know how to mount an eyepiece connected to the qhy5Lii.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Orion said:

Wow. Smashing image. I took some Jupiter images at prime focus, 8.75" and all the belts, north and south poles, just have a purplish colour with white on between. It could be that it's me not processing properly, or, single frames is not acquiring sufficient signal data to give the true colours. I couldn't de sensitize the Canon 1100d video function to get Jupiter to show its belts. It was an over exposed disk. I will try and use my qhy5Lii cc but don't know how to mount an eyepiece connected to the qhy5Lii.

To use the qhy cam put it in a 2x Barlow , find Jupiter with a 25mm eyepiece centre it then swap for a higher mag about a 6mm centre again then swap for the camera , then you should have Jupiter on your capture software(used firecapture for this one) just focus in on it , the trick is to not overexpose so the white belt burns out processing  then take a min 2k frames , process in AS2 then wavelets in registax6 , on the right hand side in registax you will see a box RGB align use that and it will correct the colour channels ?

• Like 2

18 hours ago, DeanWatson said:

Lovely work David - Still surprisingly tough at the moment isn't it?

Sadly it is though there's always the chance if the jet stream moves out the way , and you get a cloudless sky probably better odds winning the lottery 

• 2 weeks later...
To use the qhy cam put it in a 2x Barlow , find Jupiter with a 25mm eyepiece centre it then swap for a higher mag about a 6mm centre again then swap for the camera , then you should have Jupiter on your capture software(used firecapture for this one) just focus in on it , the trick is to not overexpose so the white belt burns out processing  then take a min 2k frames , process in AS2 then wavelets in registax6 , on the right hand side in registax you will see a box RGB align use that and it will correct the colour channels [emoji106]

Great idea to centre target on the sensor. I'll have a go. Thanks.