• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Thermonuclear device installed :)

Tweedledee

20170415_110237.jpg?raw=1

My lovely wife is big into cooking and baking, so she got this massive multi-megawatt coffee maker reactor thingy.

The boiling plate on top runs at a steady 425 degrees C and the simmering plate next to it is about 230 C, as checked by an infra red laser thermometer. The big kettle boils in nanoseconds and toast is graphite after several planck times. It runs 24/7 and we had to turn the central heating off as its radiation percolates through the whole house. It weighs half a ton, and I'm sure the dense inner core is synthesizing heavy elements as we speak. Getting a smart meter put in to get Gaz and Leccy under control, or is it too late for that? I think the global warming tipping point may have just been passed. Everyone who comes anywhere near it feels an intense gravitational attraction, and when looking past it to the far end of the kitchen there appears to be some weird lensing effects. Worried it may go supernova or collapse into a black hole overnight! Why are my legs looking like spaghetti? :o

1 hour ago, Bottletopburly said:

Do you get to spend the same amount on astro stuff now pete:D

Sadly, no. :(

Although my wife and I have separate budgets, hers seems to be orders of magnitude greater than mine! That's fine though, I know I will have loads of delicious benefits from the Aga, whereas she gets no enjoyment from my boring astro purchases. :D

• Like 1

But you only got the 4(door) mega watt not the 5 mega watt what a cheap skate :lol: She should have made you stump up the extra :ph34r: mega Watt

43 minutes ago, Smithysteve said:

It looks dangerous! Keep well away from it if I were you! ??

Thanks for the warning Steve, but it is a lovely bit of kit, and I'm carefully climbing that learning curve with it. I'm already pretty good with boiling water! :rolleyes:

22 minutes ago, stash said:

But you only got the 4(door) mega watt not the 5 mega watt what a cheap skate :lol: She should have made you stump up the extra :ph34r: mega Watt

She really missed out there then. She was originally considering the wifi version, that can be controlled from your phone anywhere in the world! But that was the price of a new car and we didn't want to chance these Russian hackers taking control of it. They might have put it into melt down and created a dangerous international incident. :o

It occurs to me, this innocuous post may well have been examined by certain gov bodies ?. Lol.

you have mentioned;

Thermo nuclear device!

massive multi-megawatt reactor thingy.

The infra red laser 

It runs 24/7 as its radiation percolates through the whole house. It weighs half a ton, and I'm sure the dense inner core is synthesizing heavy elements as we speak.

global warming tipping point may have just been passed.

Everyone who comes anywhere near it is worried it may go supernova or collapse into a black hole overnight!

you have mentioned the Russians hackers!

your phone anywhere in the world!

melt down and created a dangerous international incident.

its a good job you posted a piccy of the object under discussion! At least you never mentioned the 'Bom#' word :D?

Edited by Smithysteve

I'd personally feel safer thinking that the powers that be have actually homed in on some of those keywords and checked out this thread. ;)

Just don't tell anyone Steve, and don't mention the "B" word, :ph34r: but I think she's planning on making some of these in collaboration with that dangerous woman Mary Berry, who probably started all this nonsense in the first place...

20170416_123520.jpg?raw=1

• Like 1

Don't mention Mary B. My better half has done three of her Easter puddings for today's family gathering, two of which required a blow torch! (That was my job, burning the cakes! King Alfred could not have done it better ?)

9 hours ago, Tweedledee said:

She really missed out there then. She was originally considering the wifi version, that can be controlled from your phone anywhere in the world! But that was the price of a new car and we didn't want to chance these Russian hackers taking control of it. They might have put it into melt down and created a dangerous international incident. :o

And the KGB use it to knock off ex Russian agents - or at least as a heat torture  :D 

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Sunny Phil said:

It is more dangerous if it comes into contact with a similarly-sized kitchen composed of anti-matter.

Don't think there's any antimatter next door, but they have a massive Smeg with a deep red glowing chromosphere of halogen on the surface. I'm sure that could also do some serious damage. We narrowly survived one incident involving some incinerated potatoes. :facepalm2:

Edited by Tweedledee