• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Mother and Baby RCs !

silentrunning

My GSO 12" RC has given birth to a baby that weighs in at 6", no doubt baby will take a lot of sorting out if it's anything like mum!  :)) 

get.jpg

I only managed a single  10min L from the 12" and 10min OSC RGB from the 6" obtained simultaneouly. For just 10 mins of real time I am quite pleased with the result. I will definitely be giving this approach a run for the money if we ever get clear skies again!.

The image shows the LRGB result , the L image and the RGB in that order. I have not used any calibration frames on either of the frames. I have improved the collimation  on the 6 inch since collecting this data.

get.jpg

• Like 2

That already looks fabulous, so we can only expect even better results with more practice. :thumbsup:

Is it the Altair Astro gso 6" F9? 

6 hours ago, Tweedledee said:

That already looks fabulous, so we can only expect even better results with more practice. :thumbsup:

Is it the Altair Astro gso 6" F9? 

Hi Pete

It's the GSO 6" RC which I think Altair and others rebrand as their own.

John