• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Green Hairstreaks

Doc

Went to Toton Sidings today as it's been reported as the only Nottingham site so far this year for Green Hairstreaks.

They love sun so just waited until the sun emerged and with it 4 green hairstreaks. Unfortunately they spent almost all their time high in the buckthorn but a few of them made a descent lower for me to grab a few frames.

Out of 67 frames only had a few I was pleased with. I'm now on 36 out of 57 British butterflies but my goal is to photograph each one.

1CoUp0.jpg

ZU6Axc.png

• Like 3

Brilliant Mick, great photo's! I think I would be loco spotting if I went there!!:lol:

20 hours ago, Doc said:

Went to Toton Sidings today as it's been reported as the only Nottingham site so far this year for Green Hairstreaks.

They love sun so just waited until the sun emerged and with it 4 green hairstreaks. Unfortunately they spent almost all their time high in the buckthorn but a few of them made a descent lower for me to grab a few frames.

Out of 67 frames only had a few I was pleased with. I'm now on 36 out of 57 British butterflies but my goal is to photograph each one.

1CoUp0.jpg

ZU6Axc.png

seen this may be of intrest one too snap http://www.northampton-news-hp.co.uk/sightings-rare-butterflies-northants-woodland/story-28956707-detail/story.html

The Wood White is on my wish list as well David. Northants isn't to far away so will make a trip very soon. Thanks for the tip off :thumbsup:

Went to Warren Hills in Leicestershire today and photographed a few more Green Hairstreaks.

q2qBcD.jpg

9nre8A.jpg

p22VAd.jpg