• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

27th April Meeting - Charlie Smith.

The next meeting is this Thursday the 27th April at the usual time of 7pm. Our guest speaker is Charlie Smith  who studied astrophysics at the university of Hertfordshire and worked in a teaching observatory for 2 years. He is now a teacher of physics in Nottingham.

Asteroids and the Jovian System.

It is a widely believed fact that the asteroid belt is round. However, in reality, the Asteroids orbiting inside of Jupiter are much more complicated and interesting. Through this talk, we shall discuss: Jupiter as a planet, the asteroid belt in its many forms and the potential of spotting an asteroid impacting with the surface of Jupiter. 

If the weather permits there may be opportunity for some observing either before or after the main talk, Jupiter may be viable or alternatively the Sun before the talk. Most other objects are going to be washed out by the twilight. All are welcome, members free, non-members for a suggested donation of £2 to cover refreshments which will be available from 6:30pm.

6 hours ago, philjay said:

Traffic and health permitting I will be there

:thumbsup: I shall do my best to remember to bring back your jar ;)