• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Picture of the Month April 2017

philjay

Doh, should have checked through after posting, copy and pasting the round up missed off the Comets etc section.

Stash and Wolfman gave us images of a couple of passers-by. Will post links later. Apologies

Many thanks for the award. It was a revisit of an image I posted before and shows what Startools can do. To date, I've had mixed results with this. I'm sure as I learn more the results will become more consistant. In the meantime over the summer, I'll revisit some more old images. Also I subscribed to the iTelescope so may post some images from that if they look ok. Its a bit pricey, but they gave me a 3x offer (later a 5x offer which I missed as I'd already accepted the earlier one). Still, I reckon the £70 investment will give me a bit over 2 hours of imaging on a 17" scope in New Mexico. Be really interesting to compare results with what I can achieve in the UK. M61 is the target tonight.......

Dave

Its interesting to note the differences between software, not all software is the same. I did an experiment not so long back between DSS, Images Plus and Maxim just for aligning, stacking and combining alone and there,s a lot of difference in the end result.

iTelescope can be addictive Dave, be warned.

Here,s the links for Stash and Wolfmans cometary images

Sorry bout that

Well done Dave. 

Another good haul of images. Keep posting your photos people.

Very nice Dave. So much to see with Stephan's Quintet as a bonus. :thumbsup:

Thanks all. Kinda makes all the effort and trials and tribulations worth while.....

Dave