• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

CDC alternative

Bottletopburly

14 minutes ago, Tweedledee said:

Now that is quite a game changer with this software, thanks. :2thumbsup:

Yes intresting indeed,cdc has an update to v4 though cant say i notice anything different  this sw looks better think i will stick with this keep cdc as backup 

It almost doesn't matter if it's cloudy outside when you can look at that. The DSS Color is very nice. The Orion Nebula and Horsehead area is lovely to zoom in on, but make sure you Hide DSO Shapes. :)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Tweedledee said:

It almost doesn't matter if it's cloudy outside when you can look at that. The DSS Color is very nice. The Orion Nebula and Horsehead area is lovely to zoom in on, but make sure you Hide DSO Shapes. :)

Just needs a Tour function and maybe a database of tours others users have made that would be good 

On 5/7/2017 at 20:42, Tweedledee said:

Hips allwise looks nice

hipsCapture.JPG

Yes, it is an excellent program. Very glad you posted about this software, thanks David. :2thumbsup:

• Like 1

On 5/4/2017 at 18:46, Graham said:

Be interesting to see what Eqmod makes of it.

Let us know how you get on.

Finally got a minute to hook up to the mount  in the living room to check communication via eqmod graham ,seems to work fine mount slewing the only thing i cant work out, is why the eqmod telescope  cursor on screen is not moving to desired target ,but once i find out i will update 

Edited by Bottletopburly

1 hour ago, Bottletopburly said:

Finally got a minute to hook up to the mount  in the living room to check communication via eqmod graham ,seems to work fine mount slewing the only thing i cant work out, is why the eqmod telescope  cursor on screen is not moving to desired target ,but once i find out i will update 

Click find telescope and also on ascom / eqmod simulator you have to click fast goto checkbox else it is slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow = on my old copy v 1.4

Just now, stash said:

Click find telescope and also on ascom / eqmod simulator you have to click fast goto checkbox else it is slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow = on my old copy v 1.4

Yes the problem was that i needed the latest telescope driver i just had the default installed now moves wheras before it was`

nt moving 

On 5/4/2017 at 20:47, Tweedledee said:

That looks very comprehensive. I hope that fainter star catalogs can be downloaded for it.

Thanks for posting that David. :thumbsup:

just downloaded the GSC catalogue mag 15 stars ,it was the smallest download now working ,only thing i found is i had to create a folder first  and name gsc  then put gsc file into that at the correct path -  SkytechX/data/stars/gsc and restart the application (if running). Then check "Show GSC catalogue" option in settings dialog under GSC tab.

Will now try the usno A2 catalouge 

Edited by Bottletopburly

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2017 at 21:57, Tweedledee said:

I reckon I could just about sort that, cheers David. :2thumbsup:

Update for USNO A" catalouge ,pavel has found a new source for downloads after the old link stopped working ,and has updated downloads on his website pete ,new link for download is http://usnoa2.dc3.com/