• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hi all

dtastro

Hi all...I've just taken up astronomy again after many years and I'm based in Kettering.  Hoping to get setup really soon when my mount arrives. I'll probably need lots of help for a while...I hope I've come to the right place :)

Welcome to EMS Dave. :)

You definitely have come to the right place. :thumbsup: Ask any questions in the relevant sections and you are sure to get lots of help here. What equipment do you have and what mount have you bought?

Hi Dave and a warm welcome to EMS. :)

Loads of help available here for the asking.... just fire away with the questions!

4 hours ago, Tweedledee said:

Welcome to EMS Dave. :)

You definitely have come to the right place. :thumbsup: Ask any questions in the relevant sections and you are sure to get lots of help here. What equipment do you have and what mount have you bought?

Thanks all. I've bought a Skywatcher Esprit ED80 Triplet, Skywatcher EQ6-R (still to come), Baader Zoom Eyepiece and Barlow...so far.

Hi Dave, welcome aboard. You'll find we're a friendly bunch. As above, ask away, someone will shout up.

Nice kit list. Are you a visual monkey like myself or have you gone to the darkside with them camera thingys?

Edited by tuckstar
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, tuckstar said:

Hi Dave, welcome aboard. You'll find we're a friendly bunch. As above, ask away, someone will shout up.

Nice kit list. Are you a visual monkey like myself or have you gone to the darkside with them camera thingys?

Visual to begin with...I'll go over to the darkside some time in the future :D

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Bottletopburly said:

welcome me duck (in a kettering accent)

Its "Ay Up My Duck" you southerner ;):D  Nottingham saying not East Midlands - like Twitchell and "snap tin" true Nottingham sayings anything else is like saying Robin Hood came from Doncaster and fought the Sheriff of Sheffield:ph34r: 

Visual to begin with...I'll go over to the darkside some time in the future [emoji3]

Apparently if you move to the dark side with those camera thingys, you can't come back.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, stash said:

Its "Ay Up My Duck" you southerner ;):D  Nottingham saying not East Midlands - like Twitchell and "snap tin" true Nottingham sayings anything else is like saying Robin Hood came from Doncaster and fought the Sheriff of Sheffield:ph34r: 

No not in Kettering there's no aye up believe me Kettering has its own slang , my mums a ketteringite  and my gran had a right Kettering accent ? Less of the southerner ?Lols any way I'm from corby that makes me a plastic jock????? 

Edited by Bottletopburly

• 2 weeks later...