Welcome to East Midlands Stargazers

You're only one step away from joining the local astronomy forum for the East Midlands area... Join today!

dtastro

Hi all

14 posts in this topic

Hi all...I've just taken up astronomy again after many years and I'm based in Kettering.  Hoping to get setup really soon when my mount arrives. I'll probably need lots of help for a while...I hope I've come to the right place :)

red dwalf likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to EMS Dave. :)

 

You definitely have come to the right place. :thumbsup: Ask any questions in the relevant sections and you are sure to get lots of help here. What equipment do you have and what mount have you bought?

dtastro likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Dave and a warm welcome to EMS. :)

 

Loads of help available here for the asking.... just fire away with the questions!

dtastro likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi and welcome Dave...:)

dtastro likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tweedledee said:

Welcome to EMS Dave. :)

 

You definitely have come to the right place. :thumbsup: Ask any questions in the relevant sections and you are sure to get lots of help here. What equipment do you have and what mount have you bought?

 

Thanks all. I've bought a Skywatcher Esprit ED80 Triplet, Skywatcher EQ6-R (still to come), Baader Zoom Eyepiece and Barlow...so far.

Tweedledee likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Dave, welcome aboard. You'll find we're a friendly bunch. As above, ask away, someone will shout up.

Nice kit list. Are you a visual monkey like myself or have you gone to the darkside with them camera thingys?

Edited by tuckstar
Orion and dtastro like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tuckstar said:

Hi Dave, welcome aboard. You'll find we're a friendly bunch. As above, ask away, someone will shout up.

Nice kit list. Are you a visual monkey like myself or have you gone to the darkside with them camera thingys?

 

Visual to begin with...I'll go over to the darkside some time in the future :D

tuckstar and Orion like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to EMS Dave 👍

dtastro likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Dave a warm welcome to the EMS

dtastro likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

welcome me duck (in a kettering accent)

dtastro likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Bottletopburly said:

welcome me duck (in a kettering accent)

Its "Ay Up My Duck" you southerner ;):D  Nottingham saying not East Midlands - like Twitchell and "snap tin" true Nottingham sayings anything else is like saying Robin Hood came from Doncaster and fought the Sheriff of Sheffield:ph34r: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Visual to begin with...I'll go over to the darkside some time in the future 



Apparently if you move to the dark side with those camera thingys, you can't come back.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stash said:

Its "Ay Up My Duck" you southerner ;):D  Nottingham saying not East Midlands - like Twitchell and "snap tin" true Nottingham sayings anything else is like saying Robin Hood came from Doncaster and fought the Sheriff of Sheffield:ph34r: 

No not in Kettering there's no aye up believe me Kettering has its own slang , my mums a ketteringite  and my gran had a right Kettering accent 😊 Less of the southerner 😡Lols any way I'm from corby that makes me a plastic jock😂😂😂😂😂 

Edited by Bottletopburly
stash likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to the forum.

 

:) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now