• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Jupiter 11 May 2017

Orion

8.75" Newt pivoted on cushion - eyepiece projection - kellner! :o

You really like to make life difficult for yourself, don't you. :2thumbsup:

Well done. :thumbsup:

Steve, I hope you don't mind.  I've copied your image as a reference so I could see if my Jupiter image has recorded some genuine detail.  It looks like some genuine detail was recorded.  I rotated yours to get a rough orientation for S-N.

Steve Ibbotson and Derek Jupiter 11 May 2017.jpg

6 minutes ago, Tweedledee said:

8.75" Newt pivoted on cushion - eyepiece projection - kellner! :o

You really like to make life difficult for yourself, don't you. :2thumbsup:

Well done. :thumbsup:

My equiatorial for the reflector is at the bottom of the south facing garden, so is useless for Jupiter.  I just used the same technique as I did for the ISS, except using an eyepiece.  Jupiter was awfully difficult to get in the FOV and keep it still.  It's a challenge.  I hope to see what I get with the GT81, although I think the image would be small and would need eyepiece projection again, but with a good drive, no wobbles.

19 minutes ago, Orion said:

My equiatorial for the reflector is at the bottom of the south facing garden, so is useless for Jupiter.  I just used the same technique as I did for the ISS, except using an eyepiece.  Jupiter was awfully difficult to get in the FOV and keep it still.  It's a challenge.  I hope to see what I get with the GT81, although I think the image would be small and would need eyepiece projection again, but with a good drive, no wobbles.

Needs must. :)

You could start a new trend with these radical techniques. 

Who needs accurate motorised polar aligned EQ mounts with periodic error correction and autoguiders. :thumbsup:

A cushion :-) I like your style

It has a nice soft, smooth action when I move the tube around.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk