• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Pricing advice?....

Seamaster

Hi all, in the event that no one looks on the sales threads I'd like to ask for any feedback on pricing regarding the eyepieces, solar filter etc that I have posted for sale today?

Sorry if this looks like a blatant plug but I really would appreciate it if anyone could take a look and advise if I'm way out on my pricing?

Thanks in advance and apologies if this somehow breaks a forum rule.

Neil.

Not checked your prices but a good guide is around 60% to 65% of retail price on average for most used astronomy gear. This may be a little higher or lower depending if an item is only a couple of months and almost as new, or a couple of years old with a little customary wear and tear. I always build in a little leeway for negotiation when I price up gear for sale cos some folks like to make an offer. Hth :)

usually about 2/3 rds of retail price is somewhere about right, as Kim says above condition is another thing to consider.

• Like 2

Thanks chaps, it sounds like I have it about right then, the condition on all of it is excellent, even as new.

I'm prepared to discuss/negotiate though especially for a multi-buy scenario.

Much appreciated :)