• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Jupiter 21-5-2017

Ibbo

Fantastic detail and lovely colours. How high is your obsy? Must be above the atmosphere for pics like that.  :2thumbsup:

Niiice. I had a quick look last night and thought conditions were pretty stable and was wondering if you were taking advantage of the weather. I see you were ;)

Truely a great photo, superb detail and very well processed. Can be so good as to how you acquired, captured and processed the "big boy"[emoji3]

Steve

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, sloz1664 said:

Truely a great photo, superb detail and very well processed. Can be so good as to how you acquired, captured and processed the "big boy"emoji3.png

Steve

Captured using Genika (came with the camera) Firecapture would do the job

using region of interest which speeds up capture to about 58fps

I have setup a sequence that uses 17µsecs with a gain to give me about 80% of the histogram on each filter

each filter is run for 60 secs with a gap of 15 secs to adjust focus a gnats between each filter( can be left alone sometimes)

Each ser file is run through pipp to give the corect format for winjupos

then a 5% stack in AS3 to get ref frame

then into winjupos to measure jupiter data and the file saved

then the pipp output was loaded into winjupos with the measurement file to derotate the ser file

this is then run through AS3 again to give the IR RGB stacks (I use 5 , 10 ,20 & 50 % stacks and use the better one )

then using impgg to sharpen the image a bit

then into PS and run a processing action i have created

this uses Astral images plug in

so I do wavelets to suit (can use Registax)

then 3 slight unsharp masks of 25% radius 1 thre 0

then noise reduction in Astral images plug in (can use PS own)

and a final smart sharpen 50% rad 1

Crop the rubbish off the edges

if they are OK I load a new file and paste each into its slot (align if need be)

then tweak brigthtness & contrast , saturation, colour balance , curves and anything else I can throw at it

then another layer and load the IR into it using diferenc eto align it then convert to luminosity tweak the fill a bit if needed, flaten the image and increase size (last nights was 140%)

the better the base image the more processing you can use.

lat nights was a bit iffy and I had to use less on it and the IR was a bit over exposed I think.

A fantastic image! ?

I would be over the moon with that image! Fabulous detail!

Captured using Genika (came with the camera) Firecapture would do the job

using region of interest which speeds up capture to about 58fps

I have setup a sequence that uses 17µsecs with a gain to give me about 80% of the histogram on each filter

each filter is run for 60 secs with a gap of 15 secs to adjust focus a gnats between each filter( can be left alone sometimes)

Each ser file is run through pipp to give the corect format for winjupos

then a 5% stack in AS3 to get ref frame

then into winjupos to measure jupiter data and the file saved

then the pipp output was loaded into winjupos with the measurement file to derotate the ser file

this is then run through AS3 again to give the IR RGB stacks (I use 5 , 10 ,20 & 50 % stacks and use the better one )

then using impgg to sharpen the image a bit

then into PS and run a processing action i have created

this uses Astral images plug in

so I do wavelets to suit (can use Registax)

then 3 slight unsharp masks of 25% radius 1 thre 0

then noise reduction in Astral images plug in (can use PS own)

and a final smart sharpen 50% rad 1

Crop the rubbish off the edges

if they are OK I load a new file and paste each into its slot (align if need be)

then tweak brigthtness & contrast , saturation, colour balance , curves and anything else I can throw at it

then another layer and load the IR into it using diferenc eto align it then convert to luminosity tweak the fill a bit if needed, flaten the image and increase size (last nights was 140%)

the better the base image the more processing you can use.

lat nights was a bit iffy and I had to use less on it and the IR was a bit over exposed I think.

Thanks for all the info Steve. I'll try and digest it all [emoji3]
I must have a try before Jupiter gets too low.

Steve