• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

A couple from Maspalomas_Gran Canaries

newtyng5

1st picky is mainly Vela. Alphard in Hydra is upper right. Puppis bottom right. Lower left you can see Pi and Alpha Centauri. Taken about 11pm Local time.

2nd picky - Blobby rising with Saturn to the right of it (hard to see) + Scorpio. Taken about 11.20pm Local time.

Photos taken from outside a beech bar (Paddy's Bar), and was resting my phone against beer glasses, so it was hard to be accurate (and refrain from knocking the table) :D

At latitude 27°, Leo was overhead after sunset, and it was amazing to see how high Jupiter was. Had to be up at 2.45am to meet our early flight on the final day, went out and Saturn was higher than Jupiter is for us! Love to have had a telescope and see all the goodies in sagittarius that we struggle to see.

Taken with Huawei Honor 7 mobile phone (super night mode)

GC1.1.jpg

GC2.1.jpg

not forgetiing the camel ride from hell.

some nice views to be had away from the lights

Yea, can be very windy at times also. Not sure about camels though, they always miserable and got the hump.

Must add > click on the images as the ones that come out on the forum are weird and blurry. Clicking on 'em makes it all good. (look better in their original resolution)

I remember the burning hot sands there. Stayed a bit further west in Taurito.

Nice to see some southern stars. :thumbsup:

Thanks Pete. Yea that sand is the hottest I have ever known! . Was a race to the sea. :blush: Otherwise blistered feet (I am not joking).

Always a pleasure to see Scorpius / Sagittarius, my favourite part of the entire sky.

If you have some more, please share :)

Thanks Rob, added two more. One as the moon was rising (before the previous photo I posted), and another a bit later with some moon rays to the left. Shame I was not up later to get some good ones of scorpio/sagg. Hope you like (only taken with a mobile phone, but they came out okay) .

3.2.jpg

4.2.jpg

Oh and here is one of Jupiter. And a meteor that I missed while having a few sips (gulps) of me drink. Hope you like. (only just got this off me phone, not noticed the meteor before, hope you can see it, as with all these images I have had to crop and resize, as you know)

5.2.jpg