• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

M92

silentrunning

I rather like M92 but I'm not sure I could catch it in my DSLR. One really clear night, it was so bright I thought I'd discovered a new comet. Thanks to Mr. Messier, I didn't claim it.

Ha ha! I think we've all be there at some point! 

Many thanks chaps. I feel like I've finally done M92 some justice! 

That's got to be one of the best globular cluster images I've seen. A real inspiration.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Guys. Didn't realise I got POTM! Awesome. Cheers.

On 2017-6-3 at 08:17, wolfman_55 said:

That's got to be one of the best globular cluster images I've seen. A real inspiration.

Dave

Thanks Dave, if you like that you might like what I consider to be my best astro pic to date, Globs are my favourite objects...

get.jpg

that is very nice, what equipment did you use to take and process it ? and is it a combination of different exposure lengths ?

16 hours ago, silentrunning said:

Thanks Guys. Didn't realise I got POTM! Awesome. Cheers.

Thanks Dave, if you like that you might like what I consider to be my best astro pic to date, Globs are my favourite objects...

get.jpg

That's a beautiful image. I've often wondered if its worth spending lots of time on imaging the brighter globs. You can get good images in a relatively short time.

That really is time well spent. Must re-visit M13 & M92 methinks....longer exposures, more subs.......

Dave