• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Fathers Day visit

Tweedledee

Just had a depressing hour in the madhouse this fathers day. Been out wirth the family to the nursing home to see my father in law who has alzheimers. He is very placid, but doesn't say anything and doesn't even recognise us anymore and mostly just nods off in a chair. The worst part was that all the time we were there, an old lady was repeatedly and rythmicly screaming at the top of her voice none stop! They tried moving her around to different parts of the home but the noise could be heard all over. Apparently she does this all day long, but quietens down at night. Very stressful, was glad to get away and come home! Anyway, it is good to remember my father in law as he was 10 or more years ago. :)

• Like 1

Not nice for the family and not a very  good outlook for most of us , if you believe the experts. But hell we are "living" longer :(

The people who work and look after the "not so young" have a difficult job!

40 minutes ago, stash said:

Not nice for the family and not a very  good outlook for most of us , if you believe the experts. But hell we are "living" longer :(

Not a nice atmosphere for us to visit, but I feel that most of the patients neither appreciate what is being done for them, or even understand that life could be any different or better. It all seems to be a rather hopeless waiting game with only one way out. I'm doing my best to keep my body and brain active.

42 minutes ago, stash said:

The people who work and look after the "not so young" have a difficult job!

I have every respect for the staff at the home, and don't know how they manage to stay so cheery and respectful under such difficult circumstances. They are not earning much either.

• Like 2