• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Misty Sun 19th June

philjay

Taken yesterday morning through increasing high misty cloud. But its a first time with the Lunt imaging in what seems ages.

I also had to try my latest acquisition, a used but mint Olympus OM D EM 1 CSC camera body which I picked up on hols last week. Now upgraded with new firmware to OM D EM 1 Mk 1.5 as the new firmware has loads of bells lights and whistles including silent shutter which makes gets rid of any camera shake experienced with these when used on astro.

Lunt60, Oly OM D EM1 barlowed. approx 1000 frames from 2000, PR stacking, PS CS3 process and false colour.

I need to sort a misalignment error in the imaging train, as apparent in the diagonal lines, I think this is down to the blocking filter clamp, one screw had seized. Its gradually got worse so minor surgery is called for and a sort out of the focuser and maybe the clamp arrangement.

100scol.jpg

Edited by philjay
  • Like 2

Terrific amount of detail in there and despite the venetian blind effect its a great image.