• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

New and need advice

Usman Mughal nottingham

20 minutes ago, Usman Mughal nottingham said:

Im currently in pakistan gujrat so it would cost me including transport to there and back 250£ including rent and stay. 

By the way where u from? 

I'm in Mansfield 15 miles north of Nottingham. I bet you can see some mountains north of Gujrat.

• Like 1

Hi5

well thats awesome iv got someone whos near me and with probably more experience than me 

well iv listed my contact number already in this post of myn so i wont mind u contacting me or planning a day to go up to a site for viewing . But obvs when im back from holiday...

and yesTweedledee mountains are viewable and i always see shooting stars but never seen the milky way from here.

i can see the perseids clearly though

Edited by Usman Mughal nottingham

Usman, I've 2 friends Bakersfield.. One is from jehlum ?? Maybe spelt wrongly but you prob know of it.. Big Salt mines there I believe amongst other stuff...

Anyhow I don't go sites often but plan to... Maybe the possibility of giving a lift one time could give me the push I need to go more regularly

• Like 1

Yes mate that would me awesome and dont worry about prtrol and stuff . Aslong as i get dropped kff and we get there then thats amazing. I guess once we get to the dark site and see a few things we will both get a buzz from that and hopefully return often 

5 minutes ago, Usman Mughal nottingham said:

and yesTweedledee mountains are viewable and i always see shooting stars but never seen the milky way from here.

i can see the perseids clearly though

Just looked online at a light pollution map and see that Gujrat does have a fair bit of light pollution.

I'm hoping for some good milky way views in the south of France in about 3 weeks time. Can't wait. :)

• Like 1

Good luck and have a nice holiday

by the way isnt frances light pollution worse than rnglands??

3 minutes ago, Usman Mughal nottingham said:

Good luck and have a nice holiday

by the way isnt frances light pollution worse than rnglands??

Thanks Usman.

Yes, it is pretty bad at the holiday resort on the coast near Cannes, but I'll have a rental car and travel just a few miles inland where it should be very dark. :telescope::)

• Like 1

Lol i have to get back and work overtym for that,

hmm btw what scope u have?

It's all on my signature below my posts.

Just thought you might not see that if you're using a phone not a laptop.

Edited by Tweedledee
  • Like 1

Yeah using phone so cant see it 

2 minutes ago, Usman Mughal nottingham said:

Yeah using phone so cant see it 

I have a few bits and pieces but not as much as some on here. :) 

Here's my signature...

Rich field ~ Low power ~ Wide angle

Bins ~ 2.1x42, 8x42 3D & 15x70. Scopes ~ 12x80 RACI finder, ST120 F5 RACI, 14" F4.6 dob, 20" F4 dob project.

Eyepieces ~ ES 25 100, 9 120; TV Magic Horsehead Eyepiece, Ethos 17, Nagler 7; Speers WALER Zoom 8-12 89-84d;

Clavé Plossl, 40, 25, 20, 16, 12; Russell Optics Konig 55, Konig 19; Fujiyama HD Orthoscopic 25; Edmund Scientific RKE 28;

Accessories ~ 2" UHC, OIII, H-beta and LPR filters in 5 position filter wheel; Stellacam 3 deep sky video camera; Coma corrector.

http://www.webbdeepsky.com/  ~ The Webb Society ~     ~ The American Polar Society ~ http://www.americanpolar.org

"Man is equally incapable of seeing the nothingness from which he emerges and the infinity in which he is engulfed"

Blaise Pascal, 17th century mathematician.

• Like 1

Awesome equipment

i believe that believe in yourself to believe that you can see anything.

if you can see something that is millions of years away even a star then a person has many oppurtunities

Cheers Usman. :)

Off to bed now. Got to go to work early in the morning to pay for more bits. :D

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Usman Mughal nottingham said:

i believe that believe in yourself to believe that you can see anything.

if you can see something that is millions of years away even a star then a person has many oppurtunities

Where there's a will, there's a way. :)

• Like 1