• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Some bugs

philjay

Lovely photo's Phil, the EM1 is damn good camera, what lens did you use for these.

I'll name them just in case you want to know.

1. Comma

2. Ringlet

3. Male Banded Demoiselle 

4. Blue Tailed Damselfly

5. Four Spotted Chaser

6. Not sure of this one.

• Like 3

Very pretty bugs Phil. It's nice to see these things whether or not there's much visible at night. :thumbsup:

Ta chaps.

I got the EM 1 mainly for carting around reserves and the like Mick. Its smaller and lighter than the Nikon especially with telephoto attached. The lens I use mainly for this type of stuff is the lowly 40-150mm micro four thirds Zuiko ED telephoto. This gives full frame equiv of 80-300mm range. It feels and looks plasticy but it is light weight, small and has a great range, it ain't bad for macro either as can be seen from these although it isn't a macro lens.

Here's another dragonfly, this one buzzed me about 6" from my face but wouldn't remain steady enough to snap in flight so I had to wait for it to land for a few seconds, so he chose a really difficult spot, but it makes an interesting pic.

Dflyred2.jpg

Edited by philjay
  • Like 2