• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Can you guess where I am ?? :)

Sheila

5 minutes ago, Ron Clarke said:

Your drive?? ;)

:P:P 

13 minutes ago, Graham said:

You are at Lego's prototype facility ????? :P

Damn large lego bricks :o 

Astro science for a full weekend plus pop festival :) and beer can't go wrong :lol: 

1 minute ago, Doc said:

In your back garden Sheila :lol:

Of course :D 

24 minutes ago, Ibbo said:

No idea  :rofl:

:o  you do know it's jodrelll bank :P 

49 minutes ago, Sheila said:

:o  you do know it's jodrelll bank :P

Wheww - I thought the Eiffel Tower had fallen over for a moment there. :lol:

Is it Skys new ultra high bandwidth satellite TV and broadband dish?  That'll take more than a couple of B and Q screws to fix to the side of the house and adorn the beauty of the stone cladding...

Enjoyed Bluedot a lot.  Loads of lectures etc, could not attend them all.  I managed

Anti Matter

Dr Who Science

Parasites

Pulsars

Star trek v Star Wars

Volcanology

Why you should believe in the Big bang

The Dark Web

The Cool Universe

Observing the Dark Side of the Universe

The Square Kilometre Array

And finally Humans in Space, What next?

Not a bad haul for a few days. :D 

• Like 2

Sounds like some very interesting and varied lectures. Did you enjoy any music as well? :thumbsup:

the music was OK some quite good, some of it a bit shouty, but the only band I actually knew was Hawkwind :blush: 

The rest were like Alt J, Pixies and others who were at Glastonbury.  No Ramstein, prodigy or anything like that :lol: 

Hawkwind? Didn't think they were still going. I remember Silver Machine which is now a 45 year old song from when Lemmy was their lead singer!!

I thought I heard that Brian Eno was playing there. He did all the weird sounding electronic bits for David Bowie, Roxy Music and many other bands. But I see now that he didn't perform any music, but did the light show projected onto the Jodrell Bank dish. He somehow coupled it live to correspond with the radio signals being received by the telescope! So he's still up to some very unusual stuff after all these years, which is what I remember him for. :) 

Don't suppose many have even heard of Brian Eno. Listen to his instrumental track "Moss Garden" on David Bowies 1977 Heroes album. But to get the effect, you need it through stereo headphones. ;)

My kids have been to see Alt J. :)

Brian Eno,  met him when he stayed in my mates flat one night in the 70s. Exactly when in the 70s, I can't say as it was all a :blink:blur

Edited by philjay

30 minutes ago, Tweedledee said:

Any chance of a direct link please. I don't do Facebook. :)

Not sure I can. It's on my phone and file is huge. This was the only way I could think of ? Hope this works 

IMG_0055.MOV

Very nice, got it thanks Sheila. I'm sure the light show added to the ambiance. :2thumbsup:

It took about 10 minutes to download on this dodgy french wifi where I'm staying, and at first it errored until I installed a quicktime player for Android. :)

It was only a short piece. The thing lasted for about 30 mins.  Was very good :)