• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Forum Upgrade.

Daz Type-R

All,

Just a heads up that over the next month or so the forum will be upgraded to the latest release of the IPS Forum software.  We have no firm date / time as of yet, as while the new platform is ready and out there, we are still waiting on some fixes to the skins / themes that we use here on EMS, so until they are resolved, we are not upgrading.

Now I know that upgrades more often than not cause issues for folks running older O/S + devices, but there is not much more that I can say on this matter, as we all know what happened to the NHS a month or so back, that's the sort of thing that can happen when you run antiquated out of date and un-supported software - forum software like this are no different.

IPS will soon be stopping support for this level of the forum that we are currently on, so it leaves us little choice but to upgrade.

There were a whole raft of new features and gizmo's that we could have deployed, but decided to leave these out, so as to try and help people who are still running old versions of O/S and old hardware.

I have asked Craig to give me as much notice as he possibly can prior to the upgrade and I will endeavour to update Twitter, Facebook and the EMS page on SGL once the upgrade starts, so you know why EMS is down and that it is expected.

Any issues post upgrade, please let any member of staff know, or reply to this thread.

Regards,

Daz.