• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

EMS having problems since Sun 15.00

stash

Is EMS been having problems or just me but I have been unable to connect to EMS since Sunday around 3.00pm just back now  17.30pm but is very slow. Every other site I go too has been fine. Please dont tell me to press F5 etc - it made no difference

Hi,

Who is your ISP?

In the last 4-5 weeks we have had 5 people complaining of access issues (your the 5th), the previous 4 have all been on Virgin Media, we have done nothing from an upgrade perspective, nothing has changed, nothing has been altered, yet in the last month, a very small percentage of people have been unable to log on, or EMS keeps forgetting their passwords, or lets them in then kicks them out ETC.

I'm with VirginMedia and had that problem from Saturday evening till this morning. Could not get on the ems website never mind log in. The odd thing was that I had exactly the same problem on my phone on 4G (not Virgin). Virgin told me that my ip address had been blocked by the ems server. All other websites worked perfectly. All very unusual.

33 minutes ago, Daz Type-R said:

Hi,

Who is your ISP?

In the last 4-5 weeks we have had 5 people complaining of access issues (your the 5th), the previous 4 have all been on Virgin Media, we have done nothing from an upgrade perspective, nothing has changed, nothing has been altered, yet in the last month, a very small percentage of people have been unable to log on, or EMS keeps forgetting their passwords, or lets them in then kicks them out ETC.

Hi D,

Not that lucky (login) just said site didnt respond in time - I am on SSE Fibre. If I ping'd the IP address it replied ok. Once it came back I was straight back in no password problem and as yet it hasn't kicked me out. As per Pete all other sites were 100%

Hmmm, I will pass this on to our web guru Craig, I don't understand why it's only affecting a very small number of people.  I access EMS from 3 different devices both at home, work and mobile and have never had an issue like this. 

Its the really bizzare randomness that's making it difficult to pin down.

Before yesterday I have had 0 problems - not that helps much

Unable to logout for about 2 weeks, click logout and the screen refreshes but still logged in

1 hour ago, The Bagman said:

Unable to logout for about 2 weeks, click logout and the screen refreshes but still logged in

Yep just tried mine (dont normally ) still logged in