• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

PA on an EQ6 alternative method

Bottletopburly

I'd be quite interested in reading that Dave, but when i go to the link i'm getting quite a bit of gobbledygook and all the pictures are missing ?

6 hours ago, Bino-viewer said:

I'd be quite interested in reading that Dave, but when i go to the link i'm getting quite a bit of gobbledygook and all the pictures are missing ?

Me too worked on PC will eel ink it later 

Read it but IMHO it depends on the accuracy of the setting circles,which at best are poor, and having a Polar Alignment scope.

Maybe you think about using something like Sharpcap Polar Alignment which is ,if you use a camera, safes having a bad neck,quick ,cheap and very very accurate and todate there does not seem to be any negatives.   This is the Chromed Translated web site minus the images

Precision stationing of the EQ6 - ASTROLABO. com.html

Edited by stash

6 hours ago, stash said:

Read it but IMHO it depends on the accuracy of the setting circles,which at best are poor, and having a Polar Alignment scope.

Maybe you think about using something like Sharpcap Polar Alignment which is ,if you use a camera, safes having a bad neck,quick ,cheap and very very accurate and todate there does not seem to be any negatives.   This is the Chromed Translated web site minus the images

Precision stationing of the EQ6 - ASTROLABO. com.html

I used Sharpcap last time I was out took a while to get it near enough in the right area I may try this as a rough Method  before trying Sharpcap Pa just to see if it places roughly in right area