Please click here to read an announcement about EMS and the coronavirus.

• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

Test

Sign in to follow this  
Daz Type-R

PhotoBucket 3rd party linking.

Daz Type-R

All,

I have for many years used photo bucket to hold all my astro photos and guide pictures to place on here and other astro forums.

Just been informed by Photo bucket that they have disabled this feature and if I want it back, I have to upgrade to their Plus 500 plan which offers.....

Plus 500 offers 500GB of Storage, Unlimited Linking, Unlimited Bandwidth, and Unlimited 3rd Party Hosting

Only $40 a month !!!!!!!!

Well I`m not paying $40 a month, so the question is, is there any file hosting sites out there that do allow 3rd party linking that are free?

Tweedledee

Dropbox works fine for me and is free. I think they do charge if you want to store over umpteen gigabytes, you'd have the check the exact figure. I have thousands of images on Dropbox and still nowhere near the limit.

Daz Type-R

Its not a limit thing, the free option on Photo Bucket gives me 10GB in size and I`m only at 6%, its the 3rd party hosting (as in the photo sits on Photo Bucket but linked to in a website / blog) that they don't like on the free account.

Brady

Not just you Darren, they have stopped 3rd party for everyone, ive moved to Imgur now, just the same....but everyone was having trouble downloading their images from Photobucket i.e i cannot download my complete library like i used to in one go, instead its a single image at a time...

philjay

Yeah I heard about photobucket changing. Dropbox is good but they changed sharing last montyh, havent worked out how to do it for posting on forums yet.

So I will try it now

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ltmcr2eyvn2uytw/270616promdet.jpg?dl=0

Hmm, yeah using a link works by pasting but cant seem to make it work in the way I used to, using insert  image from URL, I will try again

Nope it just whites out the insert box when the link is pasted in, so at the mo I cant make Dropbox work like it used to, any advice appreciated

Nope, tried following dropbox help instructions and unless Im doing something wrong (very likely) the insert box just sits there and doesnt load the image

Edited by philjay

Tweedledee

PhiI, copy the Dropbox link just as you did. In the post click "Insert other media" then "Insert image from url". Paste the link into the box and then change the dl=0 at the end to raw=1. Click "Insert into post" and the image will appear wherever your cursor was placed. :) Very nice close up.:thumbsup:

270616promdet.jpg?raw=1

Edited by Tweedledee

M.

I ditched photobucket months ago, problems with too many pop ups and slow uploads.

Flickr is perhaps the best photo sharing site on offer? It certainly feels more user friendly when put against photobucket.