Please click here to read an announcement about EMS and the coronavirus.

• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

Test

Sign in to follow this  
stash

Holy Cosmos its Pacman NGC281 - sorry Adam West fan

stash
2 hours ago, Tweedledee said:

That looks great. :2thumbsup:

Can you provide some of the imaging info on that please? 

Just my normal set up - Bresser 635/127 Frac + azeq6gt + Mod canon 100d and Astrotoaster live screen capture saved into PNG file - consists a bit bit than usual as it was stack 22 frames of 60 secs @ iso800 plus 5 darks all live stacked (darks are just my "library" of 5 darks @iso800 x 60secs taken 2 months ago using same canon. Also think my focusing was slightly out - remote software focusing can be a pig sometimes.

This Live stack is grainy but you see the same picture (just not as good LOL) after 2 stacked frames. This was unguided as my guiding kit went mad (tech term) - something to sort out my thinks.

One thing I have found out is that EQMOD 3 point alignment  saved data plus PHD2 just dont get on - they seem to fight each other so I no longer  save  EQMOD alignment data to load on the next session - it does some funny things ,as I say, with PHD2. Oh well. 

Hope that helps Pete.

P.S. Where's my Ebay money for all the pictures you have been selling :D

Edited by stash

Tweedledee

That's great thanks Clive. :thumbsup:

I'm interested to see more of your (nearly) live captures after seconds or minutes of integration, because I'm looking into experimenting with this aspect myself.

5 hours ago, stash said:

P.S. Where's my Ebay money for all the pictures you have been selling :D

Just be patient, I've decided I will wait till I've netted a million off eBay and will then push the boat out and reward you with a bottle of champagne to celebrate. :spititout:

stash
39 minutes ago, Tweedledee said:

That's great thanks Clive. :thumbsup:

I'm interested to see more of your (nearly) live captures after seconds or minutes of integration, because I'm looking into experimenting with this aspect myself.

Just be patient, I've decided I will wait till I've netted a million off eBay and will then push the boat out and reward you with a bottle of champagne to celebrate. :spititout:

There is a good section in SGL and Cloudynights on EAA/Video Astro etc and by people who are far better than me at it. 

here is an example step by step (simplified LOL)

https://www.flickr.com/photos/151518481@N05/shares/yVp60j

As M & Wise use to say but not in the correct order - dam Flickr

Edited by stash

Tweedledee

Cheers Clive. Will have a look at those EAA sections. Not looked at SGL for a very long time.

Thanks for your step by step. I sorted out the order eventually but it seems to go 5, 4, 3, 1, 3. Think the last image was step 2. :)

stash
12 hours ago, Tweedledee said:

Cheers Clive. Will have a look at those EAA sections. Not looked at SGL for a very long time.

Thanks for your step by step. I sorted out the order eventually but it seems to go 5, 4, 3, 1, 3. Think the last image was step 2. :)

The last step was the one with the large amounts of text ! I expected Flickr to keep the AlphaNumeric Order if the titles - it didn't - will know for next time.