• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Skyvision 400 example real time viewing !!!

stash

Thanks. Not seen that before. Looks like I need the Sony A7s then. Don't quite get that video. I've never seen anything integrate that quickly.

31 minutes ago, Tweedledee said:

Thanks. Not seen that before. Looks like I need the Sony A7s then. Don't quite get that video. I've never seen anything integrate that quickly.

Nor me - :o

Guy assures me that its not an advert and it was made in South of France - somewhere. His kit costs about 10K but as you bought your better half a full blown Arger the least she can do is but the 20inch and Sony camera - just about 19K    ----- That does include the Sony cameras and the Dob is a goto and its French ( I know how much you liked Nice things) :ph34r:

Yes, I do like Nice things and my 20" is progressing slowly and doesn't need a goto because I pretty much have a photographic memory of Stellarium in my head, only the brightest 20 million stars though. ;) So it won't take anywhere near £19K. In any case, as you kindly pointed out back in April, I was a cheap skate only getting the 4 oven Aga, so I can't expect much help from my wife. :lol:

Looking at that video, I'm not convinced it could have been done with a 16" F4 dob because the FOV seems too wide. But then if it was done with smaller wider field scope then it is even more incredible that it gathers so much light so quickly. For just £1600 worth of camera (assuming I googled the correct model) I'm cynically suspecting some photoshop style trickery in that video, but would like to be proved wrong.

I'm just looking for the right piece of electronic enhancement for some near realtime visual observing to supplement and exceed the capability of eyepieces.

12 hours ago, Tweedledee said:

Yes, I do like Nice things and my 20" is progressing slowly and doesn't need a goto because I pretty much have a photographic memory of Stellarium in my head, only the brightest 20 million stars though. ;) So it won't take anywhere near £19K. In any case, as you kindly pointed out back in April, I was a cheap skate only getting the 4 oven Aga, so I can't expect much help from my wife. :lol:

Looking at that video, I'm not convinced it could have been done with a 16" F4 dob because the FOV seems too wide. But then if it was done with smaller wider field scope then it is even more incredible that it gathers so much light so quickly. For just £1600 worth of camera (assuming I googled the correct model) I'm cynically suspecting some photoshop style trickery in that video, but would like to be proved wrong.

I'm just looking for the right piece of electronic enhancement for some near realtime visual observing to supplement and exceed the capability of eyepieces.

I agree it looked to good to be true - and as we all know that's never true.  Its French like the electronic eyepiece / Dob you did an heads up on a couple of weeks ago so maybe they have come up with something magical - a bit like fuel consumption and commissions ;) 

did some more digging 

using strings to calc FOV - had to use Skywatcher 400mm and sony nex-7 (modified) 

plus here is his web site - so maybe its true - some of those pictures beat the hell, IMHO, out of some of the ones I have seen here on EMS WHEN you consider the length of time data was captured

http://nodinute.pagesperso-orange.fr/cp_ap_2016.html

https://www.flickr.com/gp/151518481@N05/177Xiy

Ok looks like he has a dark site up in the hills but still very impressive - to me anyway

Yes it seems very good. I got the exact chip dimensions and measured off the screen to calculate it long hand, and it all checked out precisely. :)