• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Eclipse

Tweedledee

I out the NASA TV feed through my telly and watched it for about 90 mins. Some of the camera operators weren't very good at changing the filters when totality arrived and some of the presenters were a bit annoying but it was still fascinating to watch. I really should try to get to an eclipse one of these days... 

Had a great view of it in sunny Florida, put some pics up on face ache that I took with the iPhone through the solar glasses (didn't take the dslr and solar filter - long story, don't ask) but did some great outreach, had loads of people queuing up to have a look through the 6 pairs I took with me, even the wife and my son were instructing people how to wear them safely and how not to damage your eyes (proud dad moment there, solar advice coming from a 7 year old).  Managed about 85-88% totality, not great but better than nothing.

Going back in 8 years for the next one. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sunny Phil said:

It wasn't well publicised but it was partial from the UK but I was clouded out. Anyone see it?

I watched the UK partial eclipse live from Mansfield. It started at only 5 degrees above the horizon. 

Didn't need any filters as it was on Stellarium. ;)