• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Newbe

Skywatcher dobsonion

Welcome from another member of the dob mob.

What mods you got? Always looking for more options on my 250 although I don't think there can be much more!

Edited by tuckstar

Welcome to EMS Paul, I got my first dob about 5 years ago and think they are great scopes, it's my grab and go 12"!:thumbsup:

Hi Paul,

Welcome to EMS.

Please share some photos of your setup i you have any, we'd love to see it.

Oh....and beware of aperture fever. Its quite contagious i believe.

Ive tried to upload pictures but it says only alowwed 512 mb.?.is there another way .thanks for warm welcome.

30 minutes ago, Skywatcher dobsonion said:

Ive tried to upload pictures but it says only alowwed 512 mb.?.is there another way .thanks for warm welcome.

You could use Dropbox which is free, and then use the instructions in my post here...

https://www.eastmidlandsstargazers.org.uk/topic/13277-dropbox-how-to-post-images/

Other image storing programs are available. :)

1 hour ago, Skywatcher dobsonion said:

As Pete said, but I tend to save to my Flickr account then just copy and paste the link. The forum will automatically display the picture.

Hello and welcome to the forum, another dob modder here,  cant do much more to mine, pretty much modded to the max.

Hope you enjoy the forum.

Pictures proving an issue just to say I've fitted slow motion controls to my dob.makes adjusting so smooth.in both az/alt.also fitted a st80 for guidescope.shame pictures are providing an issue for me.if I could text a message to someone here then I could show my dob.would anyone be interested. ?

I too got here via sgl.my thread for slow motion  controls and pictures are on stargazerslounge.com.under diy astronamer.  still having issues with uploading my pictures to this site.paul.