• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

How to identify ourselves ?

cosmic dave

I have spoken to Ron this afternoon and gib point have asked us how visitors will know we are part of elac ? any ideas ? I have posted this question early because I am out tonight but may be able to check on the forum if I get a signal, anyway here are a couple of very quick ideas for merchandise and Mark has had the great idea of hi vis jackets.

http://679098.spreadshirt.co.uk/

all these items are cost price I have not added any mark up to them.

David

PS the girlie t shirt is for me to show off my beer gut !!! :D

Edited by cosmic dave

I like the hat idea? Also suggested members wear red light headbands? How will reflective jackets work in a dark site??

More questions than answers so far, sorry!

I suppose at events Hi-vis is fairly well recognised as being worn by organisers or marshalls.

I just suggested to Dave about the hi viz vests this afternoon as we always have a large supply of them to issue to new employees. I would be able to use half a dozen brand new ones no problem at all.

I was being sarcastic I'm afraid!! Seems the easiest idea! (Although I fancy one of the caps!)

I like the caps they look like swat caps, in fact that's a good idea. Do the swat caps have full stops after each letter ? Think I will get to work on that in the morning. I think hi vis and a hat if u want one is the way to go. I'm gona order a woolly hat tomorrow. I might have another look at the letters before I order it. I know they only take a couple of days to come from order.

I was being sarcastic I'm afraid!! Seems the easiest idea! (Although I fancy one of the caps!)

Didn`t realise you was Ron. :D

I suppose dark hats would be even less visible. Especially if we were wearing red head lights to cover up the logo. I think the red head light idea would be ok but we would not want them on all the time. Due to the visitors centre lights it is possible to see a little in the dark at Gib Point so a hi viz vest would be visible to some extent plus they would be free. :)

It would be nice to have any merchandise that identifies our group even if it`s just for general use.

If you can get the hi-viz vests, I think that's the best way forward! You could always wear your baseball cap back-to-front when wearing a red light !! ha ha :lol:

If you can get the hi-viz vests, I think that's the best way forward! You could always wear your baseball cap back-to-front when wearing a red light !! ha ha :lol:

We don't all live in the hood ron...

Yes just order your own. I'm gona do a couple more hat logos in the morning.

So Hi-viz vests it is, I'll wait till you've sorted out a logo then order I think? Be fun if 100+ turn up!! Are 5-6 scopes going to be enough?

I think as long as we can make it informative and interesting for anyone that does turn up and try to enjoy ourselves as we normally do when we meet up then it should be fine. I would immagine that Pauls dob will get a fair bit of interest due to its size. :D My first aid certificate is well out of date but i was qualified up to about 7 years ago if that is of any use?

I don't think that's a problem, there are no rules regarding First Aid cover or insurance, we've all got phones if we need them! I agree Mark, we'll just do what we normally do but share it with others! I'll bring a notebook with Stellerium loaded and some Star atlases to show people if needed, a chair and a sun-lounger!!

I just hope that they don`t come on Sunday morning to open the visitors centre to find us all snoring away on our sunloungers!! :lol:

Guest @ndyC

I'm planning to come down with my celestron 5se goto so they will be another scope there as well.i'm looking forward to my first visit to a dark site and meeting you all.I'll need to bodge some kind of dew shield for next week as the wife's hair dryer doesn't have a car adaptor!

No worries, I do about 3 first aid jobs a day at work ! Mostly kids falling over.