Please click here to read an announcement about EMS and the coronavirus.

• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

Test

Sign in to follow this  
stash

Ha the nostalgia and remembering the smell HAaaa

stash

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-41149978

It could have been me the kid in short trousers but it isn't my legs were better than that:D

It was a very pretty station - not like that heap of junk called Nottingham Midland - a cock up they demolished the wrong station

stash

Yeh brings back the memories as a kid like the picture below of  a fellow Cyborg :D

therobot1.jpg

RonC

Did most of my train spotting there as a kid, free trains from Grantham using a platform ticket! :ph34r:

stash
4 hours ago, Ron Clarke said:

Did most of my train spotting there as a kid, free trains from Grantham using a platform ticket! :ph34r:

I did the same - we called it "bunking" used to go all over the country football autograph hunting / train spotting - then we got caught coming back from Manchester and the guard made us stay in the guards van until we reached Nottingham - then he burst out laughing and told is to go home (not in a polite way).  Don't try this at home kids  - it was/is illegal - just like "scrumping" !!!

In those days Manchester City FC seating(wooden benches) was cheaper,and Joe Mercer was a gent, than standing in the Trent end - bet its not now. 

Hell I watched more football for free then by standing at the players entrance when they would give out free tickets as their "mates" didn't turn up.