Please click here to read an announcement about EMS and the coronavirus.

• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

Test

Sign in to follow this  
angusw2

New scope

angusw2

Apologies if we have cloudy skies for the next month. Its my fault as I've just pick up a new scope. Well new to me, a second hand C11 with Moonlite focuser. 

c11 3.jpg

Dean Watson

Have one myself (well, CPC1100 which is much the same thing).  I use it with starsense which of course is a luxury but very cool.   Love the big aperture on these.

angusw2

For years I had portable eq mounted refractors and a dob with no goto at all. Now I'm setting up an SCT with an EQ-MOD / PC controlled mount in a dome, a totally different approach to astronomy. Can't wait for it to all be up and running. Got some rubber matting down tonight and stuck the mount and C11 on the pier. I have a leisure battery to run the scope when the clouds clear while I'm still messing around with the mains supply. 

angusw2

Yes it is a moonlite, one reason why it caught my eye. Not sure I'll get much use out of the Telrad with a computer telling it where to go!

Edited by angusw2

Daz Type-R

Nice one, congrats on your new purchase (you could have left it until after Kelling Heath star party though).

:P

Bino-viewer

Nice scope Angus :good3:

I'd be interested to know how it compares visually to your OO 12" Dob ? Is that an F4 or F5.3 ?