• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Alec

I'm lucky enough to work for a Swiss company and travel quite frequently to the country. There is a mountain peak 1606 meters up and accessible by road all year long, just need to workout how to take my kit on a work trip and wangle a weekend stop over ! A quick look on the net and there really are some stunning visuals taken there. Chasseral Switerland 

Chasseral.jpg

b38744cba458328e833b42ba6128a889 (2).jpg

• Like 2

16 hours ago, TotalNoob said:

Do we have postcodes for the sites. Is there a Long Eaton site ? 

Now you have joined up for darksite membership you will have access to the darksite info threads with all the info you need including directions and grid ref.

Sites are near ambergate and Wymeswold.  I'm in Ilkeston and takes me about the same time to either site. Belper is the darker site but make sure you wrap up well, it's always a good deal colder up there.

Edited by tuckstar

Shot this sometime back before getting the ZWO camera, still interesting to see

[USB2.0 3M UVC Camera]
Resolution=2048x1536
FPS=15.00
Colour Space=MJPG
Output Format=AVI files (*.avi)
Frame Rate Limit=Maximum
Roll=0
Exposure=15.6ms(Auto)
Timestamp Frames=Off
Brightness=128
Contrast=32
Hue=0
Saturation=32
Sharpness=16
Gamma=120
Backlight Compensation=0
Gain=128
Apply Flat=None
Subtract Dark=None
Display Brightness=1
Display Contrast=1
Display Gamma=1
TimeStamp=2017-07-16T18:10:04.6523926Z

sunspot (2).jpg

• Like 3

Thx think more luck than skill as I said all new to me. Just been looking at some of the pictures posted from Kelling amazing :) Need to get myself to Belper see if I capture something else.

Hi need some help a little frustrated. I've decided that I'm investing in EQ5  mount. I can pick up a EQ5 from http://www.rothervalleyoptics.co.uk/skywatcher-eq5-deluxe-mount-tripod.html for £245.00 atm. The full goto system is out of my budget at the minute. I see that I could buy a upgrade kit with guiding port Skywatcher EQ5 Enhanced Dual Axis Motor Drives £109. Would this be a good solution? Next question ! I have a goto mount with the latest sync scan unit. I've searched high and low to see if I could buy the full goto upgrade for the EQ5 mount without the sync scan unit but it all seems to be a bundle and I don't want to replicate kit has anyone seen this available?

I use Sterallium once I've done my alignments, if I had only the Dual axis drives, I would assume that I would need to start using the ascom platform for the alignment process is this correct? If I've not been clear please put me right need some guidance. I will be attending the community open dome event if its easier to explain or advise.

Thx