Signing up for the East Midlands Stargazers is really quick and easy. Sign up using your email address, Facebook account or Twitter account, by using one of the buttons below.

Once you've signed up you'll be able to post in the forums to introduce yourself, customise your profile, exchange messages with other members of our community, and attend one of our monthly meetings to meet other members. We welcome members of all skill levels, from the complete beginner to the seasoned veteran of the skies.

tuckstar

Paul Money, Triumphs of Voyager part two

tuckstar

For this months formal meeting on Tuesday the 10th of October we welcome back the ever-popular Paul Money, who will be giving the talk entitled “Triumphs of Voyager part two:" Don't worry if you missed part one, I'm sure part two will be just as interesting. Hope you can all come along, to see and hear a great entertainer and educator.
Meeting will take place at Erewash museum in the Hayloft. 
Doors open from 7pm for a 7:30pm start. Refreshments availablefor  £1 a mug.

Smithysteve

Paul Money gave this same lecture at our Sherwood Obs a couple of months ago and it was brilliantly presented in his inimitable style, highly entertaining and informative to boot! Don’t miss it!

cheers!

Bino-viewer

We have the Voyager talk : Part 1 to look forward to tomorrow night down at DDAS.

It should be a good night, and Paul never disappoints :)

tuckstar
16 hours ago, Bino-viewer said:

We have the Voyager talk : Part 1 to look forward to tomorrow night down at DDAS.

It should be a good night, and Paul never disappoints :)

I think this is one of the best talks I've heard Paul give. Really interesting.

BAZ

I attended the IDAS meeting tonight to see Mr Paul Money with his second part of the Voyager talk.

A brilliant talk, in two halves with an intermission no less and with a brief synopsis of the first part so everyone was up to speed. Some stunning images were shown of the planets that the two craft visited and there were some of Jupiter that some chap had taken the original Raw data and processed using modern techniques, absolutely mind blowing. Apparently the data is knocking about somewhere, so anyone can have a crack at it.

I purchased Paul's yearly book, "Nightscenes" for 2018 and that will take pride of place in the toilet on the bookshelf.

Great to catch up with the Ilkeston chaps, thank you for an enjoyable and informative evening. :)

tuckstar

A big thank you to Paul Money for yet another very interesting and entertaining talk.