• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Power hub

Bottletopburly

I will get a panel mounted fuse and fit on side of box next to where the wire connects to box that way I can change without opening box up , not sure what size yet , the power distribution box has it’s own blade fuses built in .

Edited by Bottletopburly

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

I agree looks very smart :thumbsup:

Thanks , it’s took me long enough  to do , quite pleased with the result .

• 5 months later...

UPDATE So finally the power is nearing completion to the pier ,trench run from shed to pier used 32mm pipe sealed joints and used Henry hoover to suck a pull cord through pipe ,1mm twin cable ordered off ebay , usb cable to run in, though may need to check the 5m cable is long enough for requirements, trench filled back in, Garden  starting to look less like a bomb site . 

Dadahhh finally power connected , usb connection  to check mount communicating with Eqmod , bracket to make to hold power box onto pier should be good to go .

Eq6

Edited by Bottletopburly
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Tweedledee said:

That looks very impressive. ?

Cheers Pete took longer than I had expected to complete, saves battling with the tripod .

Well that's not moving far and it looks tidy as well. What's your Kite going to think though, you have nicked his chicken stand David

4 minutes ago, BAZ said:

Well that's not moving far and it looks tidy as well. What's your Kite going to think though, you have nicked his chicken stand David

I will make an adapter to take slab  to fit over to act as a weather shield ?

8 hours ago, Bottletopburly said:

Cheers Pete took longer than I had expected to complete, saves battling with the tripod .

Don't these things always take longer than expected. Real life has a habit of gettting in the way. Always worth the effort in the end though. ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tweedledee said:

Don't these things always take longer than expected. Real life has a habit of gettting in the way. Always worth the effort in the end though. ?

Yes Pete your so right  ?