• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

One for PhilJ

Doc

Would be a labour of love...

i like the description;

Condition: used!

Used: An item that has been previously used. The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, 

:)

Charles Frank! There's a name from the past. I remember adverts on ITV sunday lunchtime for Charles Frank. Would I be right in thinking they did mail order?

A strange category that it's listed in, Aircraft parts?? I don't think that will help sales. 1959-60s CF mount, they used to fit all sorts to that set up including The Swift 3" refractors.

I was told these mounts were the inspiration for Durley Fullers mk1. You can certainly see the resemblance. Nah not for me, downsizing at the mo. The price is ambitious IMHO

Yes John, I used to have a CF catalogue from the 60s that included this mount.

Edited by philjay

I had the very same tripod and eq mount up until a few years ago, it was very heavy and rock solid with 1" chromed steel shafts. I sold mine for a lot less than that including the Charles Frank 4" F8 reflector and RAS threaded eyepieces/barlow! Mine looked all brand new and shiny, including the mirrors that I'd had re-aluminised. They don't make 'em like that any more. I still have several Charles Frank catalogs from the era showing that scope and their full range.