Signing up for the East Midlands Stargazers is really quick and easy. Sign up using your email address, Facebook account or Twitter account, by using one of the buttons below.

Once you've signed up you'll be able to post in the forums to introduce yourself, customise your profile, exchange messages with other members of our community, and attend one of our monthly meetings to meet other members. We welcome members of all skill levels, from the complete beginner to the seasoned veteran of the skies.

Doc

One for PhilJ

Smithysteve

Would be a labour of love...

i like the description;

Condition: used!

Used: An item that has been previously used. The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, 

:)

Rusty Strings

Charles Frank! There's a name from the past. I remember adverts on ITV sunday lunchtime for Charles Frank. Would I be right in thinking they did mail order?

Ron Clarke

Certainly did binoculars!!

philjay

A strange category that it's listed in, Aircraft parts?? I don't think that will help sales. 1959-60s CF mount, they used to fit all sorts to that set up including The Swift 3" refractors.

I was told these mounts were the inspiration for Durley Fullers mk1. You can certainly see the resemblance. Nah not for me, downsizing at the mo. The price is ambitious IMHO

Yes John, I used to have a CF catalogue from the 60s that included this mount.

Edited by philjay

Tweedledee

I had the very same tripod and eq mount up until a few years ago, it was very heavy and rock solid with 1" chromed steel shafts. I sold mine for a lot less than that including the Charles Frank 4" F8 reflector and RAS threaded eyepieces/barlow! Mine looked all brand new and shiny, including the mirrors that I'd had re-aluminised. They don't make 'em like that any more. I still have several Charles Frank catalogs from the era showing that scope and their full range.