• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Seven Sisters

Alec

Best I could do, camera went flat, on a az/alt goto mount, first time playing with DSLR . Focus tricky no live view. Shameful :(

AD J DSC_0419.jpg

You have got to start somewhere, I think you are up against it with an Alt/Az mount though. Other's might be able to help with idea's on focusing for you.

Hi, have you APT ? It has a focusing tool and a Batinav focusing tool that really is good..

2 hours ago, Graham said:

What camera are you using ??

Hi Graham 

was with a Nikon D3100. I have a remote shutter release and can program multiple interval shots. I've still to get the EQ5 mount working so just had a quick go on the alt/az mount. The pic was a quick exposure at iso 800 for 5 seconds. Anything longer than this and star trails begin to become visible. Fully understand the limits on the mount but the focus is the trick. Think I will give up on this till I've got the EQ5 sorted.